Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sniff!! Is it okay to ask a stranger what perfume/cologne/deodorant they wear?

i am not shy per se. but, when i smell a beautiful scent, even if it's soap, I want to ask the wearer what they have on. instead, i lift my nose higher in the air, and breathe deeper. usually it's accompanied with a loud MMMM! if my Mom is with me, she'll ask where the food is! ;O) lol.





what would you say if you wanted to know?





love ya





{{{hugs}}}


Sniff!! Is it okay to ask a stranger what perfume/cologne/deodorant they wear?
when i ask i say ';what is it that youre wearing? it smells really lovely!'; I do it all the time and usually the people i ask get really excited to share what they have on. Love ya too!Sniff!! Is it okay to ask a stranger what perfume/cologne/deodorant they wear?
You can ask almost anyone almost anything....if you know HOW. ;)





';Whatever you are wearing smells divine! If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to know what it is...';





First, the compliment. Then, the unpretentious question.





And if they decline or ';can't remember';, accept that they don't want to share and repeat the compliment.





';Well, it's lovely on you. And, it makes me happy to be near you.';





(give or take on any of these comments depending on how well you know the person.)






I feel good when somebody asks me what I'm wearing. But, be careful how you say this. Some people might be insulted and think that you are trying to tell them they smell like they're marinating in it!!! I would start off by saying ';Mmmm . . . lovely fragrance. Do you mind telling me what it is?';
I usually say ';oh wow, I love your perfume, what is that?'; I don't usually comment if its deodorant or soap... thats just a little odd if you ask me.
Just remark about what a nice scent it is. The person will usually say what the fragrance is.
I do it all the time. It's actually a good way to meet people. Who wouldn't like to get a compliment on their perfume or cologne?
yea its totally ok I love perfume and I ask people if they smell good. Hey, your perfume is great...? I feel really flattered if people ask me, plus my $40 seem totally worth it.
I'd say that I love the perfume or after shave that they had on and what is it called. I know that when someone says that they like my perfume I'm complimented!
I asked a girl once and it worked out OK. Turned out to be Calvin Klein's Eternity; I still have most of it.



i would come out and say straight up, whatever you are wearing smells really good may i ask what it is.
  • opera mini
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment