Monday, December 28, 2009

Do certain religions forbid perfumes, deodorants, certain soaps, etc.?

I ask this because I have seen mentioned the fact that occasionally one runs into people of certain racial backgrounds who smell unpleasing. Is it their faith that is the cause of this?





I am of course not referring to those who are impoverished or live in Pre-Industrial or early Industrial countries.Do certain religions forbid perfumes, deodorants, certain soaps, etc.?
I know that certain people following strict monastic lives cant use certain things like perfumed, certain soaps and deodorants, but still can bath.Do certain religions forbid perfumes, deodorants, certain soaps, etc.?
I would guess that Amish or Hutterites probably don't use these. Mainstream religions generally don't care.
I believe that there are some Christians who frown upon perfume but I am not sure of the others.


I will not wear a large amount of perfume nor a loud scent as many are allergic. I also will not purchase anything tested upon animals.
Yeah some more strict forms of religion, it's more of a personal choice. Most people that smell bad are usually just dirty slobs. Or bad gas!!! ha ha!!!!
I believe that Muslims are not allowed to use tampons. Now, Muslims correct me if I'm wrong. Andif I am, I'm sorry.
I know if you visit some monestaries, you are not allowed to speak to certain monks or wear purfume, I am not sure exactly why however. Perhaps certain monastery's can tell you why that is.





http://www.holycrossmonastery.com/
The Amish are the only ones I know of.
WHATTTT???


what kind of question is this!!!!!





religions have much important things to mention


than people's smell..!!!!!!
why do some religions wipe their a** with their left hand?
I don't know, but I know that mormons forbid any underwear other than their own. Hahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment